Posted to jmeter-dev@jakarta.apache.org by priya menon <pr...@yahoo.com> on 2006/10/07 05:12:12 UTC

Want to become a developer

I have read about JMeter after going through the Apache's site and I found it very interesting.
  I want to start as an user and If i am able to sustain the interest and become enough productive, I want to become a developer.

  I have played around JMeter, a little.

  Trying to create a sampler:

  Customer Sampler: I am trying to write a custom sampler just to display sub results in a table and I created a jar and dropped in /lib/ext. Added a sampler Java Requests and ran this stuff.

  I did the following steps:

  Trying to visualize and see these 3 values sperately in a table, I created a plan and threadgroup and the I found only 2 ways to view results in table and aggregate report. but both are getting the aggregate values. Is there a table component  to see this values as a row or column or do I have to write my own custom visualizer.

  public SampleResult runTest(JavaSamplerContext context) {
  SampleResult results = new SampleResult();
  try {
  Thread.sleep(2000);
  // Generate a random value using the current time.
  results.setSuccessful(true);
  results.setSampleLabel("PriyaTest");

  SampleResult r = new SampleResult();
  r.setSampleLabel("Priya Result1");
  r.setTime(200);
  results.addSubResult(r);

  SampleResult r1 = new SampleResult();
  r1.setSampleLabel("Priya Result2");
  r1.setTime(300);
  results.addSubResult(r1);

  SampleResult r2 = new SampleResult();
  r1.setSampleLabel("Priya Result3");
  r1.setTime(500);
  results.addSubResult(r2);

  } catch (Exception e) {
  getLogger().error("SleepTest: error during sample", e);
  results.setSuccessful(false);
  } finally {
  results.sampleEnd();
  }
  if (getLogger().isDebugEnabled()) {
  getLogger().debug(
  whoAmI() + "\trunTest()" + "\tTime:\t" + results.getTime());
  listParameters(context);
  }
  return results;
  }