Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Pieter Vandepitte <Pi...@CC.KULEUVEN.AC.BE> on 2004/06/28 14:58:10 UTC

2 realms

Hi,
I'm running Tomcat 4.1.30 with Java 1.4.2_02. My problem: I want to use
org.apache.catalina.realm.JNDIRealm and
org.apache.catalina.realm.MemoryRealm. Both work separately, but when I use
them together, i can't authenticate anymore by using LDAP (MemoryRealm
works). I would like see both working in the same Context and when one fails,
it should try the other Realm.
It seems I miss some documentation about this topic.
Kind regards
Pieter Vandepitte

Re: 2 realms

Posted by QM <qm...@brandxdev.net>.
On Mon, Jun 28, 2004 at 02:58:10PM +0200, Pieter Vandepitte wrote:
: I'm running Tomcat 4.1.30 with Java 1.4.2_02. My problem: I want to use
: org.apache.catalina.realm.JNDIRealm and
: org.apache.catalina.realm.MemoryRealm. Both work separately, but when I use
: them together, i can't authenticate anymore by using LDAP (MemoryRealm
: works). I would like see both working in the same Context and when one fails,
: it should try the other Realm.

Sounds like you'll need to write a custom realm that calls JNDIRealm and
MemoryRealm under the covers.

Search the archives, there are some helpful posts on writing a custom
realm.

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net