Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Oscar Picasso <os...@yahoo.com> on 2004/03/01 15:20:50 UTC

Caching issues

Hi,

On various docs, like the TraxTransformer api doc, we read that using
<use-request-parameter>, <use-cookies>, <use-session-info> etc "might have
issues concerning cachability of the generated output".

>From what I have seen, Cocoon generate a new output if the request parameters,
user cookies, session info and so on, are different from those of a previous
request. If it's not the case, it uses the cached output.

It is what I expected from the caching mechanism.

Does the term *issues* refers to this behavior or are there some other serious
"issues" when using these options.

Thanks.

Oscar

Re: Caching issues

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 01.03.2004 15:20, Oscar Picasso wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On various docs, like the TraxTransformer api doc, we read that using
> <use-request-parameter>, <use-cookies>, <use-session-info> etc "might have
> issues concerning cachability of the generated output".
>
>>>From what I have seen, Cocoon generate a new output if the request parameters,
> user cookies, session info and so on, are different from those of a previous
> request. If it's not the case, it uses the cached output.
>
> It is what I expected from the caching mechanism.
>
> Does the term *issues* refers to this behavior or are there some other serious
> "issues" when using these options.

AFAIK only the above mentioned as they prevent more or less caching.

Joerg