Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2016/08/08 04:31:33 UTC

[PROPOSAL] Website page or Jira to host all current proposal discussion and docs

Hi guys,

we have now several technical discussions, sent on the mailing list with
link to document for details.

I think it's not easy for people to follow the different discussions,
and to look for the e-mail containing the document links.

Of course, it's required to have the discussion on the mailing list (per
Apache rules). However, maybe it could be helpful to have a place to
find open discussions, with the link to the mailing list discussion
thread, and to the detailed document.
It could be on the website (but maybe not easy to maintain and publish),
or on Jira (one Jira per discussion), or a wiki.

WDYT ?

Regards
JB
--
Jean-Baptiste Onofr�
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [PROPOSAL] Website page or Jira to host all current proposal discussion and docs

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Me too ;)

What I'm doing in other Apache projects (like Karaf) is a Jira component
named "discussion" where I describe the discussion and attach the
related documents.

So, with a quick query, we can find all pending discussion, etc.

My $0.01

Regards
JB

Posted by Frances Perry <fj...@google.com.INVALID>.
Filed https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-566 to document and
implement these ideas. I'm happy to take it on.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Great summary.

Posted by Frances Perry <fj...@google.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Kenneth Knowles <kl...@google.com.INVALID>.