Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by sophSophie <so...@beezik.com> on 2009/10/19 13:21:07 UTC

Concatening two fields

Hello,

firstly sorry for my english :)

Since last Friday I try to define in shema.xml a new field that is the
concatenation of two other fields.

So in schemal.xml I have these fields :

 <field name="field1" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true"/>
   <field name="field2" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true"/>

<defaultSearchField>field3</defaultSearchField>

<copyField source="field1" dest="field3"/>
<copyField source="field2" dest="field3"/>

In my .csv file date are stored like that :

field1 ; field2
toto ; titi

In my mind field3 should store the string "toto titi".

When I make the query "toto titi" I want solr to return the correct result
but Solr returns nothing.

Please could you help me to find what is uncorrect.

Thanks in advance

Re: Concatening two fields

Posted by sophSophie <so...@beezik.com>.
Hello

thank you for your response, the field3 was well defined, I just forgot to
reindex my data.

Regards

Sophie

Re: Concatening two fields