Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@googlemail.com> on 2009/04/13 12:25:34 UTC

Backporting bug fixes to 0.9

Hi,

as I understand trunk is now effectively 0.10-dev. Do we want to
maintain the 0.9.x branch and backport some of the bug fixes that
go into trunk? (I'd say yes we do.)

If yes, I'd like to propose the following commits to be backported:

Fixes for leaked file handles, with test:
(not sure if it is possible with the other changes near that commit)

Fix for attachment sparseness bug COUCHDB-220 by giving each
attachment it's own stream and calling set_min_buffer instead of
ensure_buffer. Also fixed spurious couch_file crash messages by
putting the statistics decrement code into a seperate monitoring
process:
(Again, not sure, if it is really possible)

Use now_diff instead of statistics(runtime). Closes COUCHDB-316:
(Should be simple)

And all updates to the README that are not 0.10 specific:

And I believe Noah had at least one fix for the build
system, but I don't know which one. Noah?

Any commits I missed?

What do you think?

Cheers
Jan

Re: Backporting bug fixes to 0.9

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
Now that is weird. Looks like this mail got stuck and
resent again after some timeout. Sorry about that.

Cheers
Jan