Posted to dev@asterixdb.apache.org by Wail Alkowaileet <wa...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/03 11:11:43 UTC

Orderedlist vs. unorderedlist as default open type

Dears,

Currently, unordered list is the default type of JSON array if it resides
in the open part.
That means the user won't be able to access any item of the list using
index. Which is unexpected. At least for my colleagues who use AsterixDB. I
think only JSON types should appear in the open part.

Also, I believe there's inconsistency. When we do *group by .. with ..*
the result of "with" clause is ordered list.

Any thoughts ?

--

*Regards,*
Wail Alkowaileet

Re: Orderedlist vs. unorderedlist as default open type

Posted by Mike Carey <dt...@gmail.com>.
Seems like we should fix it there.  (But it's a little scary that it's
feed-specific - it seems like the code should be structured in a way
that would share this decision?)

Posted by Wail Alkowaileet <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Xikui Wang <xi...@uci.edu>.
That's an implementation mistake in TweetParser. Sorry about that. Will
submit a fix soon.

Posted by Mike Carey <dt...@gmail.com>.