Posted to user@click.apache.org by aurmam <au...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/12 10:40:34 UTC

CAS (central authorization service) and click framework

Hi,

i want to integrate CAS authorization for just simple click HelloWorld
example
does anybody know how to do that, or maybe has done it.

Please share the exeperience

Thanks in advance.

Re: CAS (central authorization service) and click framework

Posted by aurmam <au...@gmail.com>.
Hi yes i know these projects.

i am trying to make simple aplication
with several users that would have different roles. roles would be stored in
mysql database.

user credentialls would be taken from active directory,
so i dont imagine how to make such service that could store some how these
roles for each user.

i was reading a lot of pages
one of them
http://arunk3.wordpress.com/2009/03/05/roller-cas-jdbc/

but in this case user is being enetred throug the form

i want to make single sign on that roles would be automatically asigned to
the user that is loged in into windows when you run the application

i thought maybe some of you done such projects and have any simple example.

Posted by Bob Schellink <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Malcolm Edgar <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Aurmam,

Click is basically a JEE Servlet based framework, so you can use
traditional JEE methods to integration with your CAS solution.

You may wish to use a Filter in front of the click servlet, which will
redirect an authenticated request to the login service, and after the
user has logged in it could set some ThreadLocal
authentication/authorisation information.

The Apache Click trunch, has a Spring ACEGI example in Click Examples,
and the Menu control now has an pluggable AccessProvider which you can
provide to restrict access to Menu items based on a users privileges.

regards Malcolm Edgar