Posted to dev@bloodhound.apache.org by John Chambers <ch...@apache.org> on 2012/03/02 12:53:35 UTC

Re: Descriptions citing comments (was: Ticket view)

My initial question would be who decides what is important, because surely
that could be different depending on the reader. For instance another
engineer could comment on a ticket purely from the code base perspective
which would be important for other engineers but less so for users/testers
etc. Also you could still end up with a huge description if many comments
get quoted.

Maybe another solution is to allow tags to be applied to comments. These
tags can then be used to filter the comments to make them more manageable.
We could then automatically tag certain comments i.e comments added via
version control or external services. We could display a simple tag cloud
above the comments to make them easy to filter.

Another smaller issue I have with citation/quotation is that it could be
taken out of context.