Posted to user@struts.apache.org by John Nikolai <jn...@mac.com> on 2003/04/10 19:39:25 UTC

URI funniness

This is probably a newbie question but I just don't have the time right
now to investigate.

I have a form with an action path "/emailHandler" Now in my action
class I simply do the following: request.getRequestURI() and it returns
the following /subnet/emailHandler.do after the form is submitted.
Which is fine and dandy. BUT I have a JSP which I include in the form
which simply dumps some debug information from the request. One of
these is a call to request.getRequestURI() which returns
/subnet/email/index.jsp which is the actual page containing the form.
After the form is submitted with bad data I forward to the same page
and display the error messages, the form and include the debug
information again. From here, request.getRequestURI (in the JSP code)
returns /subnet/email/index.jsp instead of /subnet/emailHandler.do that
is returned by the Action subclass.

I also have a custom taglib in the JSP too. The taglib too returns
/subnet/email/index.jsp after the form is submitted.

Why does request.getRequestURI() return different URIs when called from
the Action subclass as opposed to calling it from the JSP and taglib?

Thank you for your help,
   - John

Re: URI funniness

Posted by John Nikolai <jn...@mac.com>.
My apologies if you are offended by that statement. What I was trying
to say is that this is not that important right now and I can get by
with out an answer. In no way did I mean to imply that everyone here is
not as busy as me... I'm sorry that it came out that way...

  - John

Re: URI funniness

Posted by Vic Cekvenich <vc...@basebeans.com>.