Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@kiwi.ICS.UCI.EDU> on 1996/11/24 05:23:18 UTC

CGI buffer control feature

As much as I'd like to see this feature in the 1.2 release, I'm going
to have to -1 Sameer's patch for now.  It creates additional versions
of the buggy scan_script_header* functions (buggy because they don't
follow MIME rules), instead of combining all of these header-reading
functions into a single (non-buggy) set of utility routines.  We don't
have time to do that now, but I'd rather not create additional cruft
by doing it the wrong way first.

If someone would like to work on it, the tasks are

    1. move http_protocol's getline and get_mime_headers into a util_mime
       which reads from any BUFF and places headers in any table *.

    2. modify mod_asis so that it reads via a BUFF instead of a FILE.

    3. replace scan_script_header* with get_mime_headers and do the
       CGI-specific handling of Status and Set-Cookie afterwords or
       as a parameter switch.

or we can just do it in 2.0 instead.

.....Roy