Posted to user@commons.apache.org by arnout cator <ar...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/24 00:48:39 UTC

JCS Cache behaviour question

I am relatively new to JCS. So please do not shoot me with this question.

I have set up a test on a web application using JCS cache and I would like
to ask about some behaviour that I cannot explain.

The cache.ccf file is attached.

I have set maxobjectsize for components on a page to 5. I have done some
clicking through 5 pages and the objects items have gone up to 5 and
Auxiliary Hits are reaching 8.

[image: Inline image 1]
[image: Inline image 3]

The question I have is, that I have not seen any disk cache files growing
from 0k size, but in the detailed view on components I see a data file
length of 132202 (132kb) and a key map size of 10.

[image: Inline image 2]

Can someone tell me how JCS works to show Auxiliary hits and no data file
size nor key size, considering my setup?

Re: JCS Cache behaviour question

Posted by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org>.
On 24.10.14 00:48, arnout cator wrote:
> Can someone tell me how JCS works to show Auxiliary hits and no data
> file size nor key size, considering my setup?

JCS keeps the disk cache files open during operation. So depending on
your operating system, you may not see updates of the directory entries
of these files. If you shut down JCS properly, the files will be closed
and the size should reflect the actual content.

Bye, Thomas.