Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Charles N. Harvey III" <ch...@alloy.com> on 2004/07/14 18:39:34 UTC

image redirect

Hello.
I am used to using Apache Httpd in front of Tomcat to create Redirects for
images.  This way, I can re-route all calls to *.jpg to my image server.
But now I don't have Apache Httpd installed.  Can I do the same with Tomcat?

This is the setup in Httpd:

<VirtualHost www.mysite.com>
        ServerAdmin admin@mysite.com
        DocumentRoot /code/www/webapps/
        ServerName production
        RedirectMatch /images/(.*)$ http://images.mysite.com/images/$1
        JkMount /*.do tomcat
        JkMount /*.vm tomcat
        JkMount /*.jsp tomcat
</VirtualHost>

So, with the "RedirectMatch" I can route all of my image calls to another
server.  Is there somewhere in the conf/server.xml where I can setup the
same
feature?  Right now I have a servlet filter setup in my web.xml file for the
application.  But I was wondering if it could be done "in" Tomcat instead of
in my application.  If not, I guess I'll keep using my filter.

Thanks a lot.

Charlie