Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Ian Lynch <ia...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/29 11:38:17 UTC

UK government preparing to switch to AOO?

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/jan/29/uk-government-plans-switch-to-open-source-from-microsoft-office-suite
--

Ian

Ofqual Accredited IT Qualifications <https://theingots.org/community/faq#7.0>

Headline points in the 2014, 2015, 2016 school league tables

www.th <http://www.theINGOTs.org>*elearningmachine.co.uk
<http://elearningmachine.co.uk>* +44 (0)1827 305940

The Learning Machine Limited, Reg Office, Unit 4D Gagarin, Lichfield
Road Industrial Estate, Tamworth, Staffordshire, B79 7GN. Reg No:
05560797, Registered in England and Wales.

Re: UK government preparing to switch to AOO?

Posted by Ian Lynch <ia...@gmail.com>.
Depends on how much is rhetoric and how much gets translated into practice.
I'll try and find out more and give nudges in the right direction. Two
things are in our favour. Microsoft has waning importance with the rise of
Google and Apple in particular and this makes people a bit less averse to
the risk of change. The government is desperate to demonstrate strategies
to save money to reduce the budget deficit in ways other than cutting
public services.

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.