Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by coolgeng coolgeng <co...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/19 08:25:47 UTC

Rails and lucene

Hi guys,
    Now an idea knock my brain, which I want to integrate the lucene into my
ruby application. And the newest lucene api owns the interface to join the
ruby application. UnfortunatelyI have no experience about it. Let us talk
about it.

--
Best Regards
Cooper Geng

Re: Rails and lucene

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
And if you're using Solr with Ruby, the solr-ruby gem is the way to
go (gem install solr-ruby).

And if you're interested in trying out a glorious Rails/Solr hack,
try out Solr Flare, which presents a rudimentary search/faceted/
suggest interface:

	Erik

Re: Rails and lucene

Posted by Briggs <ac...@gmail.com>.

Re: Rails and lucene

Posted by Kyle Maxwell <ky...@casttv.com>.

RE: Rails and lucene

Posted by Steven A Rowe <sa...@syr.edu>.
Hi Cooper Geng,

Ferret is a Lucene-inspired Ruby search engine for Ruby - maybe that would be useful for you?:

<http://ferret.davebalmain.com/trac>

Steve