Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Arun <ar...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/13 09:59:33 UTC

Jar version to use?

Hi,

I would like to know the compatible jar version of commons-dbcp to be added
to my current project. I have

commons-validator-1.3.1.jar
commons-logging-1.0.4.jar
commons-lang-2.2.jar
commons-io-1.1.jar
commons-httpclient-3.0.1.jar
commons-fileupload-1.1.1.jar
commons-email-1.0.jar
commons-digester-1.8.jar
commons-codec-1.3.jar
commons-codec-1.3.jar
commons-chain-1.1.jar
commons-beanutils-1.7.0.jar

in our project. Is there any general  way I can know the version
compatibility for a jar file to download.

--
Thanks
Arun George

Re: Jar version to use?

Posted by Arun <ar...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, that seems to be the best.

On 10/14/07, Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The latest release version of dbcp is 1.2.2, which depends only on
> commons pool (version 1.3 pref).  Commons pool 1.3 has no dependencies
> itself.  So if you add commons-dbcp-1.2.2.jar and
> commons-pool-1.3.jar, you should be fine.
>
> You can get official releases for these and other commons components here:
>
> http://commons.apache.org/downloads/index.html
>
> Please make sure to check the signatures and md5 hashes after downloading.
>
> Phil

Thanks
Arun George

Re: Jar version to use?

Re: Jar version to use?

Posted by nicolas de loof <ni...@gmail.com>.
You can look at commons-dbcp POM file (from maven build).
It contain a list of dependecies required by the library. In your case
(afaik) only commons-logging is allready in your classpath with a compatible
version.