Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "A.Mohan" <am...@yahoo.co.in> on 2006/08/22 13:27:51 UTC

AJAX + Struts

Dear All,

            How can i use Ajax with struts ,

  Thanks and Regards
  Mohan

Re: AJAX + Struts

Posted by "Frank W. Zammetti" <fz...@omnytex.com>.
In short: it depends on what your passing in to the server.  If you do
regular POSTs and GETs, you can write Actions, just like always, there is
zero difference.  If you want to pass JSON or XML, then you'll have to add
some code to handle that, either modifying the RP (or RP chain in 1.3), or
else handle it in your Action.  Or write a servlet.  AJAX doesn't
fundamentally change what you do on the server (in most cases... something
like DWR is an exception, although under the covers, not really!).

Take a peek at the AjaxChat example mentioned on that Wiki page... this is
a Struts app using plain AJAX (i.e., no library).  It's just plain old
Struts, no modifications or anything to it.

Frank

--
Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect

Re: AJAX + Struts

Posted by Nikhil Walvekar <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

--
Nikhil

Re: AJAX + Struts

Posted by Puneet Lakhina <pu...@gmail.com>.

Re: AJAX + Struts

Posted by Bart Busschots <ba...@so-4pt.net>.
Go to Google, type in "Ajax struts" and RTFM. Just looking at the first
page of results I'd strongly suggest reading