Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Rick Braddy <rb...@softnas.com> on 2015/09/12 23:39:27 UTC

Auto-terminating default connections programmatically

Hi,

Is there a way to auto-terminate certain relationships / connections automatically from within a processor?

For example, a processor has three outputs, but by default we only want the "success" relationship to be required, to save the user the hassle of having to manually auto-terminate relationships during flow creation.

I realize this may seem like a small thing, but one of our value propositions is low-friction ease-of-use, so we like to streamline things with the best possible defaults for common operation, and right now it's causing user friction to manually terminate connections that are typically unused by default.

Thanks
Rick

Re: Auto-terminating default connections programmatically

Posted by Rick Braddy <rb...@softnas.com>.
Thanks Joe.  Good points.  Agreed.

Rick
Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.