Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Lincoln Stein <ls...@cshl.org> on 2001/04/25 23:42:50 UTC

readdir()

Hi Doug,

Perl 5.6.0 breaks the readdir() function when running under mod_perl.
This is with the most recent versions of Apache and mod_perl, as well
as with older versions.  I see the same problem reported in the
mailing list going back to December 2000, but no hint of a
resolution.  Is there any fix?

Lincoln

lstein@cshl.org			                  Cold Spring Harbor, NY

NOW HIRING BIOINFORMATICS POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWS AND PROGRAMMERS.
PLEASE WRITE FOR DETAILS.

Re: readdir()

Posted by Pierre Laplante <la...@sednove.com>.
This "feature" is present when compiling under rh 7.1. With rh 6.2 there
is no problem. This seems to be related as you have said to the glibc
version. I compiled on rh 6.2 and move the httpd binary on rh 7.1 and
there was no problem with readdir anymore.

--
Pierre Laplante
SedNove Inc.

Re: readdir()

Posted by Lincoln Stein <ls...@cshl.org>.

Re: readdir()

Posted by "Paul J. Lucas" <pa...@mac.com>.
On Wed, 25 Apr 2001, Andrew Ho wrote:

> LS>Perl 5.6.0 breaks the readdir() function when running under mod_perl.
> LS>This is with the most recent versions of Apache and mod_perl, as well
> LS>as with older versions.  I see the same problem reported in the
> LS>mailing list going back to December 2000, but no hint of a
> LS>resolution.  Is there any fix?
>
> Are there references to the problem reports? readdir() works fine for me
> with Apache 1.3.19, mod_perl 1.25, and Perl 5.6.0 on Solaris 2.7 (x86).

	AFAIK, it's broken only under Linux and then only when using
	glibc2.2.  It works fine under glibc2.1.

	- Paul

Re: readdir()

Posted by Andrew Ho <an...@tellme.com>.
Hello,