Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Helder Magalhães <he...@gmail.com> on 2019/11/02 23:10:52 UTC

Re: Batik 1.12 cosmetic issues

Hi everyone,

Response inline within Jan's message, marked with *[HM]*.

Cheers.
  Helder

Jan Tosovsky <j....@email.cz> escreveu no dia sexta, 25/10/2019 à(s)
23:04:

> Dear All,
>
> I can display SVG files in Squiggle or rasterize them into PNG/PDF which
> was
> not the case in previous releases, so thumbs up!
>
> I've never used slideshow before, but in the current version only some SVGs
> can be displayed, the rest is served as the black screen (Squiggle can
> display them without problems). When slideshow finishes in full screen
> mode,
> I can see waiting cursor, but screen is not restored until I click the
> mouse
> button (Win 10).
>
> In the lib folder there are outdated README/LICENSE files:
> LICENSE.js.txt belogs to js.jar, which is not the part of distribution any
> more

*[HM]* Right! Done in r1869303. I also renamed+updated "README.js.txt" for
the same reason.

Both LICENSE.xerces_2_12_0.txt and README.xerces_2_12_0.txt contain
> 'xerces_2_9_1' string

*[HM]* Right. Done in 1869308 together with other related updates.

Both LICENSE.fop-transcoder-allinone-2.4.txt and
> README.fop-transcoder-allinone-2.4.txt contain 'trunk' string

*[HM]* I'm suggesting that we use the binary release FOP 2.3.0 (
https://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/download.html). Any reason not to?

In the lib folder there are missing files:
> Both LICENSE + README for rhino-1.7.7.jar

*[HM]* Done by ssteiner in r1869099 for LICENSE and by me in r1869305 for
README.

> Both LICENSE + README for serializer-2.7.2.jar

*[HM]* Done by ssteiner in r1869099 for LICENSE.

> Both LICENSE + README for xmlgraphics-commons-2.4.jar

*[HM]* Possibly the same stated above for FOP.

In the lib folder it is not clear why there are licenses for:
> LICENSE.dom-documentation.txt
> LICENSE.dom-software.txt

*[HM]* According to SVN it's related with 'xml-api*.jar'.

Jan