Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Rainer Hermanns <he...@aixcept.de> on 2007/06/05 21:30:07 UTC

[S2] Release Plan for 2.0.8

Hey there,

if there are no objections, I'd like to roll the 2.0.8 release tomorrow.

What is the status of WW-1943 [1]?
IIRC only a tiles release was missing for the release.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

cheers,
Rainer

[1] http://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/WW-1943

--
Rainer Hermanns
aixcept

RE: [S2] Release Plan for 2.0.8

Posted by Al Sutton <al...@al-and-andrea.org.uk>.
Thanks for the clarification. I'll go back to lurking :)

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.

RE: [S2] Release Plan for 2.0.8

Posted by Al Sutton <al...@al-and-andrea.org.uk>.
Hi,

I'm coming from the user side of the fence and having looked at the release
notes for tiles 2.0.4 I'd urge you to go with 2.0.4 even if it means
delaying the stuts 2.0.8 release a little.

There are a couple of reasons for this;

1) The performance enhancement detailed at
https://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/TILES-87, which could be very useful
in high volume sites.
2) 2.0.4 seems to have been tagged on the same day as 2.0.3 (both votes
started on the 18th of May, the 2.0.4 vote started 2 hours after the 2.0.3
one). Personally it makes me a bit nervous to go with a release that appears
to have been superceeded 2 hours later. Hopefully Antonio can shed some
light on this.

Al.

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: [S2] Release Plan for 2.0.8

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2007/6/6, Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org>:
> Some poor sod having the time to roll the release? :)

Eheh :-) You know, in Tiles we are using the Maven release plugin and
everything is much much easier...
It's a pity that you cannot use it :-P

Antonio

Re: [S2] Release Plan for 2.0.8

Posted by Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org>.
On 6/6/07, David H. DeWolf <dd...@apache.org> wrote:

> The struts2-tiles plugin depends upon 2.0.3, which is already released,
> so I'm not sure what the holdup is.

Some poor sod having the time to roll the release? :)

Don

David

Re: [S2] Release Plan for 2.0.8

Posted by "David H. DeWolf" <dd...@apache.org>.

Re: [S2] Release Plan for 2.0.8

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
Thanks for stepping up, Rainer. If you have any questions, you know
where to find me. :)

-Ted.