Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by pawan <pc...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/07 19:47:03 UTC

Multicast optimization

Hi Guys,

I am exploring the option of using multicast as transport instead of TCP for
the following use case:

Producer ---> single broker ----> consumer 1
                                 L-----> consumer 2

Both consumers 1 and 2  receive data sent over a certain topic by the
producer. Is it possible to configure the above setup such that, the broker
has to send the data message (generated by producer) only once, if both
consumers are listening on the same multicast?

The frequency of data is a lot higher than frequency of heartbeat or
subscription/bookkeeping messages. And I would like to scale this against a
higher number of consumers, eg 20.

Thanks,
Pawan.