Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it> on 2006/12/28 15:57:29 UTC

Interesting ASF resources

Hi all,

there are two nice resources available at the Apache Software Foundation:

1) http://projects.apache.org/
2) http://people.apache.org/

For #1 it would be nice to provide an entry for the OFBiz project: as a
first pass, have a look at the attached draft of the file. Once
completed, we'll have to commit it into svn (under the site for example)
and then provide the url to it to the projects.apache.org.

For #2, it would be nice if the committers (David, Andy, Si, Hans, Al -
I already did it) would add their information to the site (it is very
easy, like compiling a short form and then committing the generated
file)... the nice part is the committer's map automatically genarated
from the coordinates provided by the committers:
http://people.apache.org/map.html

For Yoav and David W.: don't forget to add the Apache OFBiz project to
your lists :-)

For David W.: why are we in slightly different locations in the map? I
entered the coordinates for Padova found in the Wikipedia... but my
guess is the ones you are using is better then mine

Jacopo

Re: Interesting ASF resources

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it>.
David,

David E Jones wrote:

> Okay, I've added my RDF file, should be up in the near future.

Great, thanks. I just did a minor modification to the name of the OFBiz
project to match the one used in Yoav, Hans and mine files (I hope you
don't mind).

> For the project one, this look like a good start. We may want to just
> post that with the mailing list and download pages commented out for now
> and then updated as we get the resources fleshed out.

Done in rev. 490958. We now have to ask to site-dev@apache.org to add a
reference to our file (http://ofbiz.apache.org/doap_OFBiz.rdf)... but
I'll do this only after we have migrated the site to its final location.

> This also bring up the more general topic of working on the web site. We
> should perhaps establish some objectives and then whoever wants to can
> work on them whenever they'd like. Here are some that have been
> discussed and we've been thinking/talking about for a while that I can
> remember:
>
> 1. move the philosophy page and related pages to the OFBADMIN space on
> docs.ofbiz.org
> 2. move the various documentation pages and even the main Docs & Books
> page to the OFBTECH space on docs.ofbiz.org
> 3. move the marketing page and related resources to the OFBIZ space (the
> open wiki space) on docs.ofbiz.org
> 4. move the services page to the OFBIZ (open wiki) space, just as the
> marketing page; these are both really community resources
> 5. simplify the home page and reorganize according to more common ASF
> project patterns; some of the stuff on the home page we may even want to
> move to docs.ofbiz.org, but much of it will move to other (new) pages
> following ASF project patterns

Yes, I think it's time to work on this: I've created a Jira issue (with
subtasks) adding the items of your list
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-569)

About the website layout: I think we should have a look at the existing
ASF projects and identify one that seems nice to us; however I'd prefer
to implement the site using a css approach (as is now) and not using
some xml->html tool (like it is done by many ASF projects).

Jacopo

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>.