Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Florian Apolloner <fl...@apolloner.eu> on 2010/07/26 08:15:06 UTC

fo:block and fo:inline area models

Hi,

I have something like:
<fo:block>
  <fo:inline padding="3cm" background-color="grey">TEST</fo:inline>
</fo:block>

If I now draw a border around each of them I see that the inline
overflows the block and the blocks height is still one lineheight. I
thought that the inline would increase of size of the block (like with
html/css where a list or whatever in a div would make the div higher).
Do I miss something?

Thanks in advance,
Florian

Re: Re: fo:block and fo:inline area models

Posted by Florian Apolloner <fl...@apolloner.eu>.
Hi,

On 01/-10/-28163 08:59 PM, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> XSL-FO does not necessarily work the same way as CSS. See:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl11/#line-stacking-strategy
> http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl11/#area-geo

Yeah, I feared it would end somewhere near that ;)

> You may be able to adjust for the borders using a larger line-height
> value than 1.2.

Jupp, adjusting the line-height of the block works, but is more work
than I wanted…

Thx, Florian

Re: fo:block and fo:inline area models

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
XSL-FO does not necessarily work the same way as CSS. See:
http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl11/#line-stacking-strategy
http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl11/#area-geo

What you'd need may be line-stacking-strategy="line-height", but that
has not been implemented, yet:
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/compliance.html#fo-property-line-stacking-strategy

I don't have all the details present about line-building anymore. Maybe
I've missed something myself.

On 26.07.2010 08:15:06 Florian Apolloner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have something like:
> <fo:block>
>   <fo:inline padding="3cm" background-color="grey">TEST</fo:inline>
> </fo:block>
>
> If I now draw a border around each of them I see that the inline
> overflows the block and the blocks height is still one lineheight. I
> thought that the inline would increase of size of the block (like with
> html/css where a list or whatever in a div would make the div higher).
> Do I miss something?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Florian

Jeremias Maerki