Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Moore, Christie" <ch...@attws.com> on 2002/10/17 17:57:38 UTC

Unable to create a DOM Tree from Scatch using Xalan 1.4 and Xerce s 2.1

I am sending this again with the correct subject line.  Sorry.

I have been trying to create a Document XML Tree from scratch, using only
Xalan 1.4 and xerces 2.1 (Which for some reason is not included in the
include directories of Xalan 1.4 or xerces 2.1 but all the examples state to
use it.  I do not want to use the DOMParser.  I am very unfamiliar with SAX
but I did take a look at your DocumentBuilder.cpp example and it doesn't do
what I really need.

I have searched the archives but I need to see code.  I have become very
confused with in trying to piece stuff together.

I would like to do the following steps.  Code examples would be useful.

Create 2 XalanSourceTreeDocument (XalanDocument*);
Create an empty dom and root element. (From SAX I guess)
Add the 2 previous XalanSourceTreeDocuments to the newly created empty dom's
root element.  Run the update Dom through XPATH.  Find the node and update
the child TextNode's namevalue.

Is this possible without using the DOMParser?

Thank you so much for any help that can be provided.