Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Jon Yeargers <jo...@cedexis.com> on 2016/12/12 11:45:21 UTC

partition count multiples - adverse effects on rebalancing?

Just curious - how is rebalancing handled when the number of potential
consumer threads isn't a multiple of the number of partitions?

IE If I have 9 partitions and 6 threads - will the cluster be forever
trying to balance this?

Re: partition count multiples - adverse effects on rebalancing?

Posted by "Matthias J. Sax" <ma...@confluent.io>.
If you have less threads than partitions, some thread will process
multiple partitions.

-Matthias