Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au> on 2009/06/15 06:09:44 UTC

Re: Fulcrum components bsf and groovy obsoleted by script?

Siegfried Goeschl wrote:
> Hi Scott,
>
> thanks for the gentle reminder ...
>
> +) I have an updated version based on the final JSR-223 release (but not
> committed) that works for Groovy and Rhino
> +) this implementation is already using the libraries from
> https://scripting.dev.java.net/
> +) the main problem I had is supporting JDK 1.5 which I solved at
> ApacheCon - the non-released bsf-api-3.0 is an ASF implementation for
> JSR-223
> +) so fulcrum-script is a JDK1.5+ component
>
> So the only thing which stopped me from committing is that the various
> ScriptEngine (Groovy, Rhino) implementation are not on any M2 repo - I
> currently keep them in a lib directory and tell M2 to pick them up from
> there. BTW,  I'm pretty sure that https://scripting.dev.java.net/ was
> not BSD licenced a while ago.
>
> Anyway - how to handle the ScriptEngine libraries
>
> +) M2 repo upload request but there are no official releases for the
> them ... :-(
> +) put them in our SVN repo in a "lib" directory with PMC blessing

Groovy: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/codehaus/groovy/groovy-all/1.6.3/

Rhino: A search[1] shows someone is at least receptive to deploying to a
maven repository, but in the interest of allowing us to move forward I
am +1 on either proceeding with a pointer in the release notes to the
requirement to manually download the file, or even to drop a copy into SVN.
> And the unreleased BSF libraries ...

Can re run with 3.0-b3 from
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/bsf/bsf-utils/

Scott