Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Livio Lv <sa...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/06 02:21:06 UTC

CS4.0 build failed while setting up a dev environment on windows

Hi All:
   I have been setting up cloudstack4 dev environment on widows following
the instruction of
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Setting+up+a+CloudStack+dev+environment+on+Windows

There are some problem while deploying the database with command of "mvn -P
developer -pl developer -Ddeploydb" on cygwin (Step 11 Build), Log as
follows:
$ mvn -P developer -pl developer -Ddeploydb
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[ERROR] Could not find the selected project in the reactor: developer ->
[Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e
switch.
[ERROR]
please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1]
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MavenExecutionException

Does anywhere have the same failure?

Re: CS4.0 build failed while setting up a dev environment on windows

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@citrix.com>.
Livio, you're using 4.0 release version. The commands you're using are for the master-git branch.
Follow instructions from here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Building#Building-ApacheCloudStack4.0

The build system in 4.0.0 was ant, so to deploy database, you would build it first, deploy server and then do ant deploydb.

Hope this helps,
Rohit

Posted by Livio Lv <sa...@gmail.com>.
Rohit: