Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Fredrik Björk <fr...@enemyunknown.net> on 2009/02/25 11:14:21 UTC

gadgets.window.adjustHeight() issues

Hi,

we're having some trouble with gadgets.window.adjustHeight() not working
as expected in some browsers.

Here are my test results:

IE6: auto-adjust height works when expanding and shrinking the iframe
IE7: auto-adjust height works when expanding and shrinking the iframe
Chrome: auto-adjust height doesn't work at all, setting a specific
height works
Firefox 2: auto-adjust height works when expanding, but not when shrinking
Firefox 3: auto-adjust height works when expanding, but not when shrinking
Safari: auto-adjust height doesn't work at all, setting a specific
height works

Is there something I should be looking at to solve this issue? Could it
be CSS related?

Thanks,

Fredrik

Re: gadgets.window.adjustHeight() issues

Posted by Vjekoslav Nesek <vn...@nmote.com>.
Fredrik Björk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we're having some trouble with gadgets.window.adjustHeight() not
> working as expected in some browsers.
>
> Chrome: auto-adjust height doesn't work at all, setting a specific
> height works
> Safari: auto-adjust height doesn't work at all, setting a specific
> height works
>

> Is there something I should be looking at to solve this issue? Could
> it be CSS related?
I've posted a JIRA issue some time ago regarding this. Lately I've
examined what safari
does when gadgets.window.adjustHeight() is called and it seams that
iframe's body gets
a requested height set explicitly. Afterwards calls to calculate height
keep using this
value regardless of actual content size. I've not found a workaround yet.

Probably a javascript code for calculation of height in
features/dynamic-height should be
fixed.

BR,
Vjeko

Re: gadgets.window.adjustHeight() issues

Posted by Travis Winters <tr...@gmail.com>.
I'd appreciate some feedback on this issue also, it has been raised as
a defect in our app and we're yet to tackle it. Thanks Fredrik for
mentioning this.