Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org> on 2009/08/13 19:40:57 UTC

[1.x] Error building java-1.5.1 branch

Building from java/sca or java/sca/modules throws the following error:

[INFO] Building Apache Tuscany SCA Web JavaScript
[INFO]    task-segment: [install]
[INFO]
[INFO] [resources:resources]
[INFO] [compiler:compile]
[INFO] Nothing to compile - all classes are up to date
[INFO] [bundle:manifest {execution: bundle-manifest}]
java.io.EOFException
	at java.io.DataInputStream.readInt(DataInputStream.java:386)
	at aQute.lib.osgi.Clazz.parseClassFile(Clazz.java:75)
	at aQute.lib.osgi.Clazz.<init>(Clazz.java:65)
	at aQute.lib.osgi.Processor.analyzeJar(Processor.java:159)
	at aQute.lib.osgi.Processor.analyzeBundleClasspath(Processor.java:77)
	at
org.apache.felix.bundleplugin.PackageVersionAnalyzer.analyzeBundleClasspath(PackageVersionAnalyzer.java:44)
	at aQute.lib.osgi.Analyzer.analyze(Analyzer.java:194)
	at aQute.lib.osgi.Builder.analyze(Builder.java:95)
	at aQute.lib.osgi.Analyzer.calcManifest(Analyzer.java:293)
	at
org.apache.felix.bundleplugin.ManifestPlugin.getAnalyzer(ManifestPlugin.java:192)
	at
org.apache.felix.bundleplugin.ManifestPlugin.getManifest(ManifestPlugin.java:112)
	at
org.apache.felix.bundleplugin.ManifestPlugin.execute(ManifestPlugin.java:66)
	at
org.apache.felix.bundleplugin.BundlePlugin.execute(BundlePlugin.java:227)
	at
org.apache.felix.bundleplugin.BundlePlugin.execute(BundlePlugin.java:218)
	at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:451)
	at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:558)
	at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:499)
	at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:478)
	at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:330)
	at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:291)
	at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:142)
	at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:336)
	at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:129)
	at
	at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:37)

Building the module individually works though.

After I build that module, building from java/sca/modules again just
throws the same error on the next module.

Anybody else seeing this? perhaps the build plugins used to package
bundles don't close handles or cleanup resources? Any idea?

I'm on Ubuntu 9.0.4, J2RE 1.6.0 IBM J9 2.4, Maven 2.0.9

--
Jean-Sebastien

Re: [1.x] Error building java-1.5.1 branch

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 6:58 AM, Jean-Sebastien
Delfino<js...@apache.org> wrote:
> [...]
>>
>> Building the module individually works though.
>>
>> After I build that module, building from java/sca/modules again just
>> throws the same error on the next module.
>>
>> Anybody else seeing this? perhaps the build plugins used to package
>> bundles don't close handles or cleanup resources? Any idea?
>>
>> I'm on Ubuntu 9.0.4, J2RE 1.6.0 IBM J9 2.4, Maven 2.0.9
>>

> Responding to my own email as for some reason I didn't receive the responses
> from Raymond and Luciano (although I see them in the mail archive.)
>
> Raymond, the FELIX-23 issue is different, an ArrayOutOfBoundsException
> causing a Maven warning while I'm getting an EOFException causing a Maven
> failure.
>
> Three people have responded that they can build OK on Windows, that's great
> but doesn't help me much as I'm trying to build on Linux. Can anybody try to
> build on Linux and tell me what you get?

I tried it by setting up a build for the 1.5.1 branch on the Hudson
nightly build machine, the build is still running but it appears to
have got past that module ok, see:
http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/Tuscany-1.5.1-brn/1/console

It does show a warning while building that modules bundle manifest
which is where you're getting a failure so its possible that could be
relevant:

[WARNING] Warning in manifest for
org.apache.tuscany.sca:tuscany-web-javascript:jar:1.5.1-SNAPSHOT :
Superfluous export-package instructions:
[org.apache.tuscany.sca.core.web]

   ...ant

Re: [1.x] Error building java-1.5.1 branch

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 4:36 AM, Simon Laws<si...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Quick update...
>
> I got past my CORBA issues by switching to a back level JDK. We need
> to look at this in more detail. There are some Sun JDK bug reports
> around the "NPE when testing for ORB shutdown" issue. For me this
> means that I can compile 1.5.1 with Sun JDB6_07 but not with JDK6_16.
> I don't know yet at what level the problem starts or whether there is
> news of a fix.
>
> Having said this I did subsequently run into several problems with not
> being able to download artifacts from maven repos so am holding pack
> until minotaur is back up again.
>
> Simon

These are the errors I see with Sun JDK 1.6.0_02

[INFO] Error for project: Apache Tuscany SCA iTest Domain Manager
Basic Run Test (during install)
[INFO] There are test failures.

Please refer to
/home/lresende/opensource/apache/tuscany/svn-java-sca-1.5.1/itest/domainmgr/basic/runtest/target/surefire-reports
for the individual test results.
[INFO] Error for project: Apache Tuscany SCA iTest Domain Manager
Transaction Run Test (during install)
[INFO] There are test failures.

Please refer to
/home/lresende/opensource/apache/tuscany/svn-java-sca-1.5.1/itest/domainmgr/transaction/runtest/target/surefire-reports
for the individual test results.
[INFO] Error for project: Apache Tuscany SCA iTest Domain Manager
Error Handling Run Test (during install)
[INFO] There are test failures.

Please refer to
/home/lresende/opensource/apache/tuscany/svn-java-sca-1.5.1/itest/domainmgr/error/runtest/target/surefire-reports
for the individual test results.
[INFO] Error for project: Apache Tuscany SCA iTest Domain Manager
Callback Run Test (during install)
[INFO] There are test failures.

Please refer to
/home/lresende/opensource/apache/tuscany/svn-java-sca-1.5.1/itest/domainmgr/callback/runtest/target/surefire-reports
for the individual test results.
[INFO] Error for project: Apache Tuscany SCA Store Tutorial
Integration Test (during install)
[INFO] There are test failures.

Please refer to
/home/lresende/opensource/apache/tuscany/svn-java-sca-1.5.1/tutorials/store/store-test/target/surefire-reports
for the individual test results.
[INFO] BUILD ERRORS
[INFO] Total time: 25 minutes 50 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Mon Aug 24 23:30:18 PDT 2009
[INFO] Final Memory: 170M/459M
[

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende

Re: [1.x] Error building java-1.5.1 branch

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 6:30 AM, Jean-Sebastien
Delfino<js...@apache.org> wrote:

>> [INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.
>>
>> Missing:
>> ----------
>> 1) org.apache.activemq:activeio-core:jar:3.0.0-incubator

There are problems with people.apache.org right now
(http://monitoring.apache.org/status/)  and as thats where the
Incubator maven repository is a guess is thats why this is not finding
that dependency.

   ...ant

Re: [1.x] Error building java-1.5.1 branch

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.
> [...]
> Downloading: http://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/eclipse/tools/emf/maven2/org/apache/activemq/activeio-core/3.0.0-incubator/activeio-core-3.0.0-incubator.jar
> Downloading: http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository/org/apache/activemq/activeio-core/3.0.0-incubator/activeio-core-3.0.0-incubator.jar
> Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/activemq/activeio-core/3.0.0-incubator/activeio-core-3.0.0-incubator.jar
> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> [INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.
>
> Missing:
> ----------
> 1) org.apache.activemq:activeio-core:jar:3.0.0-incubator
>
>   Try downloading the file manually from the project website.
>
>   Then, install it using the command:
>       mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.activemq
> -DartifactId=activeio-core -Dversion=3.0.0-incubator -Dpackaging=jar
> -Dfile=/path/to/file
>
>   Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file there:
>       mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.apache.activemq
> -DartifactId=activeio-core -Dversion=3.0.0-incubator -Dpackaging=jar
> -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]
>
>   Path to dependency:
>   	1) org.apache.tuscany.sca:tuscany-binding-ejb-runtime:jar:1.5.1-SNAPSHOT
>   	2) org.apache.geronimo.modules:geronimo-openejb:jar:2.1.4
>   	3) org.apache.openejb:openejb-core:jar:3.0.1
>   	4) org.apache.activemq:activemq-core:jar:4.1.1
>   	5) org.apache.activemq:activeio-core:jar:3.0.0-incubator
>
> ----------
> 1 required artifact is missing.
>
> for artifact:
>   org.apache.tuscany.sca:tuscany-binding-ejb-runtime:jar:1.5.1-SNAPSHOT
>
> from the specified remote repositories:
>   indiana (http://ftp.ussg.iu.edu/eclipse/modeling/emf/emf/maven2/),
>   apache.snapshots (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository),
>   geronimo-repository
> (http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/server/tags/2.0.2/repository),
>   apache.ws.zone (http://ws.zones.apache.org/repository2),
>   osuosl.org (http://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/eclipse/tools/emf/maven2),
>   central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2),
>   apache.incubator (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository)
>
> My environment:
> Ubuntu Linux 9.0.4
> Maven 2.0.9
> java version "1.6.0_0"
> OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.4.1) (6b14-1.4.1-0ubuntu11)
> OpenJDK Server VM (build 14.0-b08, mixed mode)
>
> I'm just using OpenJDK at the moment as it's the default from the
> Ubuntu install.
> I'll try with other JDKs too, but the error seems unrelated to the JDK
> and looks like a dependency can't be found.
>
> As I'm trying to rebuild everything I had on my laptop, I've also
> tried to rebuild Tuscany C++ SDO and SCA and seeing different issues,

Same error with the IBM JDK (20090529_04 SR5)

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
Just been trying a 1.5.1 Linux build here and mine failed before this.
It's complaining about a non-ASCII character in the host-webapp
LICENSE file for some reason. Just fixing that now.

Simon

Re: [1.x] Error building java-1.5.1 branch

Posted by Simon Nash <na...@apache.org>.
Luciano Resende wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 1:19 PM, Simon Nash<na...@apache.org> wrote:
>> I tried this on Windows and I did not see the problem with web-javascript.
>> However, my build failed on binding-gdata (see the following build log).
>>
>> I see build problems with binding-gdata quite often.  Are we planning to
>> include it in the 1.5.1 release?
>>
>>  Simon
>
> The problem with the GData bindings is that there is some limitations
> on the usage of the live google services, and I believe if we all try
> couple builds during the day we easily reach this limits. I can try
> investigating it further to find possible workarounds or anything that
> would avoid us seeing this failures....
>
> BTW, I would like to see it in the 1.5.1 release as we do use this
> binding in the PhotArk project (which is working on a release soon)
>
> Thoughts ?

Would it be possible to change the test case so it checks for this
exception and doesn't fail with a build error if this happens?

   Simon

Re: [1.x] Error building java-1.5.1 branch

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Simon Nash <na...@apache.org>.
I tried this on Windows and I did not see the problem with web-javascript.
However, my build failed on binding-gdata (see the following build log).

I see build problems with binding-gdata quite often.  Are we planning to
include it in the 1.5.1 release?

   Simon

Tests run: 6, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 4.503 sec <<< FA
ILURE!
testClientDelete(org.apache.tuscany.sca.binding.gdata.GoogleContactsServiceTestC
ase)  Time elapsed: 1.02 sec  <<< ERROR!
org.osoa.sca.ServiceRuntimeException: com.google.gdata.util.ResourceNotFoundExce
ption: Not Found
Contact not found.

         at org.apache.tuscany.sca.binding.gdata.provider.GdataBindingInvoker$Get
Invoker.invoke(GdataBindingInvoker.java:117)
         at org.apache.tuscany.sca.core.databinding.wire.PassByValueInterceptor.i
nvoke(PassByValueInterceptor.java:55)
         at org.apache.tuscany.sca.core.invocation.JDKInvocationHandler.invoke(JD
KInvocationHandler.java:346)
         at org.apache.tuscany.sca.core.invocation.JDKInvocationHandler.invoke(JD
KInvocationHandler.java:193)
         at $Proxy11.get(Unknown Source)
         at org.apache.tuscany.sca.binding.gdata.CustomerClientImpl.clientGetEntr
y(CustomerClientImpl.java:57)
java:39)
         at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces
sorImpl.java:25)
         at org.apache.tuscany.sca.implementation.java.invocation.JavaImplementat
ionInvoker.invoke(JavaImplementationInvoker.java:156)
         at org.apache.tuscany.sca.binding.sca.impl.SCABindingInvoker.invoke(SCAB
indingInvoker.java:61)
         at org.apache.tuscany.sca.core.invocation.JDKInvocationHandler.invoke(JD
KInvocationHandler.java:346)
         at org.apache.tuscany.sca.core.invocation.JDKInvocationHandler.invoke(JD
KInvocationHandler.java:193)
         at $Proxy10.clientGetEntry(Unknown Source)
         at org.apache.tuscany.sca.binding.gdata.GoogleContactsServiceTestCase.te
stClientDelete(GoogleContactsServiceTestCase.java:127)
java:39)
         at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces
sorImpl.java:25)
         at junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect(TestResult.java:110)
         at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:128)
         at org.junit.internal.runners.JUnit38ClassRunner.run(JUnit38ClassRunner.
java:79)
         at org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4TestSet.execute(JUnit4TestSet.
java:62)
         at org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.executeTes
tSet(AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.java:138)
         at org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.execute(Ab
stractDirectoryTestSuite.java:125)
         at org.apache.maven.surefire.Surefire.run(Surefire.java:132)
java:39)
         at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces
sorImpl.java:25)
         at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.runSuitesInProcess(Su
refireBooter.java:308)
         at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.main(SurefireBooter.j
ava:879)
Caused by: com.google.gdata.util.ResourceNotFoundException: Not Found
Contact not found.

         at com.google.gdata.client.http.HttpGDataRequest.handleErrorResponse(Unk
nown Source)
         at com.google.gdata.client.http.GoogleGDataRequest.handleErrorResponse(U
nknown Source)
         at com.google.gdata.client.http.HttpGDataRequest.checkResponse(Unknown S
ource)
         at com.google.gdata.client.http.HttpGDataRequest.execute(Unknown Source)

         at com.google.gdata.client.http.GoogleGDataRequest.execute(Unknown Sourc
e)
         at com.google.gdata.client.Service.getEntry(Unknown Source)
         at com.google.gdata.client.GoogleService.getEntry(Unknown Source)
         at com.google.gdata.client.Service.getEntry(Unknown Source)
         at org.apache.tuscany.sca.binding.gdata.provider.GdataBindingInvoker$Get
Invoker.invoke(GdataBindingInvoker.java:112)
         ... 38 more