Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Mike Baranczak <mb...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/26 16:00:57 UTC

Can't get task info for completed job

Scenario: I have an org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Job that has just finished.
I want to get information about the completed tasks within that job,
particularly the ones that failed. I tried calling getTaskCompletionEvents
and getTaskReports, and they both always return an empty list.
Also, getStatus().getFailureInfo() returns "NA" even if the job failed. The
job counters are still available, so I know the job hasn't been retired. Am
I missing something?

This is Hadoop 2.7.3. Right now, I'm running it in local mode, but the
production system runs on Amazon EMR.

Thanks.

-MB