Posted to dev@brooklyn.apache.org by Alessio Gambi <al...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/09 11:07:31 UTC

AutoScalerPolicy

Hi all,

I am testing the AutoScaler policy and found something that looks odd; however, I am not sure if that is a bug or a feature.

Here the description:

- Brooklyn Version: 0-7-0-M1 (taken from the 0-7-0-M1 branch)

- Policy configuration:
	metricLowerBound = 5;
	metricUpperBound = 10;

- Cluster
	initial size of 5

- Test
	A sensor value of 2, which correspond to a (2*5=10 value of the totalWorkRate), trigger the autoscaler policy that computes the Cluster desiredSize equals to 2.

- Problem
	For the chosen configuration and the sensor value of 2 both desiredSize=1 and desiredSize=2 should be ok. This is
	because the resulting value of the totalWorkRate is at the same time less-or-equals to the upper bound of configuration with size = 1
	and greater-or-equal to the lower bound of the configuration with size=2

In this case, I am not sure which one is the “right” desiredSize one according to the specifications.
Can anyway elaborate on this ?

Best

— Alessio