Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Stanley Shi <ss...@pivotal.io> on 2014/10/11 03:45:42 UTC

log: ulimit output location

Hi users,

I found that currently the hbase daemon will send the ulimit output to .log
file;
To my understanding:
The .out file is used to store stdout and stderr (in case user
misconfigured log4j, all hbase logs will goto this file).
The .log file is meant to store only the log4j outputs from the hbase codes.
This .out and .log files together makes the "hbase log".

So I was wondering why we put the ulimit output to .log file, why not to
the .out file?
BTW: for hadoop hdfs/yarn daemons, the ulimit information is printed to the
.out file;

*Stanley Shi,*

Re: log: ulimit output location

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Sat, Oct 11, 2014 at 10:26 AM, lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org> wrote:

> The ullimit should be in log not out (IMHO). That's the file you look at
> for normal operations.
> Can we log it to both places?

We could do that.

St.Ack