Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Marcio Fermino <pr...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/02 14:27:42 UTC

TileList

Friends, anyone know any way for me to find an item in the TileList?

example:

http://blog.flexexamples.com/2008/02/15/creating-a-simple-image-gallery-with-the-flex-horizontallist-control/

By clicking a button I select the item DreamWeaver for example?

Thank you;

Re: TileList

Posted by Andrew Wetmore <co...@gmail.com>.
The URL you want to reference would have to be in the data provider for
each image, and you would have to have an onClick function that would
redirect to the URL of the clicked image.

--
Andrew Wetmore

http://cottage14.blogspot.com/
http://portfolio.cottage14.com
https://sites.google.com/site/mvplaywrights/home
http://livefrom-studioa.com

Re: TileList

Posted by Scott Talsma <sc...@talsma.tv>.
You would essentially have to iterate over the TileList's dataprovider,
making the data that your button has to the data in the dataprovider item.
 When you get a match, set the TileList's selectedItem to the pointer into
the dataprovider.

Keep in mind that the item you find may not be onscreen (or even rendered
yet), which will require scrolling the TileList (vertically/horizontally)
to that item.