Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <or...@googlemail.com> on 2012/10/01 12:50:49 UTC

[ACEU FUNDING][DISCUSS] draft for announcing "ticket discount application process"

Hi,

below is my draft for the announcement of the application process for the "ACEU
2012 non-Apache committer ticket discount for AOO community members". It should
be sent to the mailing lists ooo-announce, ooo-users and ooo-dev. It should also
be posted in the forum.

I am aiming to reach consensus on this announcement until Thursday afternoon in
order to let the application process start on Thursday or Friday.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Best regards, Oliver.

<draft>
Dear Apache OpenOffice (incubating) community member,

we are pleased to announce the following funding on the ApacheCon EU 2012 ticket
prices for non-Apache committers.
For up to 30 Apache OpenOffice (incubating) community members which are not an
Apache committer we are providing a 100,00 EUR discount on the regular ticket price.

You need to apply for the discount by sending an email to the public mailing
list <oo...@incubator.apache.org> until <date>, 12:00 (Central European time,
GMT+2).
The subject of this email have to be "[ACEU 2012 - ticket discount] <YourName>".
In the content of the email please fill the following fields:
- full name
- email address
- affiliation to the OpenOffice community (something like: "user", "contributing
X", "translator", ...)
- description why applying for the ticket discount and why support is needed
- job or eduation status (something like: "student", "employee", "freeflancer", ...)

A selection committee will decide on the applications and will send out
notifications until <date>, 12:00 (Central European time, GMT+2).
</draft>

Re: [ACEU FUNDING][DISCUSS] draft for announcing "ticket discount application process"

Posted by Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <or...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

Thus, we had reached consensus.

I will send out the announcement with 2012-10-12, 12:00 (GMT+2) as the
application deadline and 2012-10-16 as the goal to have the decision process
finished and the notification sent out.

Best regards, Oliver.

Posted by Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <or...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

On 01.10.2012 14:00, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> Oliver-Rainer Wittmann wrote:
>> below is my draft for the announcement of the application process for
>> the "ACEU 2012 non-Apache committer ticket discount for AOO community
>> members". ...
>> I am aiming to reach consensus on this announcement until Thursday
>> afternoon in order to let the application process start on Thursday or
>> Friday.
>
> Quick note to community members (excluding committers) who are considering to
> register: the early-bird period has now been extended until 4 October and the
> early-bird price is cheaper than the full price after this "OpenOffice discount"
> (right, Oliver?). So waiting for the "OpenOffice discount" to be available is
> probably worth only if you are still unsure whether you can be there or not. See
> http://www.apachecon.eu/

Yes, I can confirm Andrea's statement about the prices.

Best regards, Oliver.

Re: [ACEU FUNDING][DISCUSS] draft for announcing "ticket discount application process"

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
Oliver-Rainer Wittmann wrote:
> below is my draft for the announcement of the application process for
> the "ACEU 2012 non-Apache committer ticket discount for AOO community
> members". ...
> I am aiming to reach consensus on this announcement until Thursday
> afternoon in order to let the application process start on Thursday or
> Friday.

Quick note to community members (excluding committers) who are
considering to register: the early-bird period has now been extended
until 4 October and the early-bird price is cheaper than the full price
after this "OpenOffice discount" (right, Oliver?). So waiting for the
"OpenOffice discount" to be available is probably worth only if you are
still unsure whether you can be there or not. See http://www.apachecon.eu/

Regards,
   Andrea.