Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Masthan Rao <ma...@gmail.com> on 2005/07/12 09:07:26 UTC

Problem in Installing Apache 1.3.X/2.X web server

Hi All,

I have a problem in configuring Apache 1.3.X/2.X web server.

Installation guide for Windows 2000/XP is provided in the link.

http://ws.apache.org/axis/cpp/wininstall-guide.html#apache.

1. The Step 10 is

· Rename AxisXMLParser_Xerces.dll (which is located at Axis_Extract/bin )
to AxisXMLParser.dll and copy it to [Axis_Folder]/lib

But actually in Axis_Extract/bin folder I found AxisXMLParserXerces.dll and
not AxisXMLParser_Xerces.dll.

2. And in the same step there is another statement saying

· Copy xerces-c_2_2_0.dll from [Xerces_Folder]/bin/ to [Axis_Folder]/lib/

But to my surprise I didn’t find any file with that name in the specified
folder. The files that are available in the specified folder are

· xerces-c_2_6.dll

· xerces-c_2_6D.dll

· xerces-depdom_2_6.dll

· xerces-depdom_2_6D.dll

3. And also in step 11 I found a statement saying

· server.wsdd is located at [Apache_Folder]\Axis\conf\ for Apache 1.3 and
Apache 2. (There will be three wsdd files in the [Apache_Folder]\Axis\conf\
rename the relevant wsdd file of your platform to server.wsdd).

But to my surprise I found only two files in the specified folder and not
three.

The files I downloaded of Apache Web Server are

· axis-c-win32-current-bin.zip

· xerces-c_2_6_0-windows_nt-msvc_60.zip

· apache_2.0.54-win32-x86-no_ssl.msi

Currently I am using Windows XP Service Pack 1.

Please guide me in installing the Apache Web Server. Any comments or help
would be appreciated.

--
Regards
Masthan