Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Sungjin Chun <ni...@linuxone.co.kr> on 2001/04/06 08:26:56 UTC

[Q] Why should I add cocoon.jar and related jar files to the system CLASSPATH?

Hi!

I think this is related to the resource loading problem which
I cannot find solution. I should have to add cocoon.jar and
all required jar files to the system CLASSPATH to run cocoon
cocoon. Why does the servlet container not perform this for me?
If I did not do this, I have "cannot load xxx.xsl" like error page.
I've tested orion app server, enhydra, and resin but they all have
this problem. Does this related to cocoon itself?

Thanks in advance.

Re: [Q] Why should I add cocoon.jar and related jar files to the system CLASSPATH?

Posted by Frans Thamura <ft...@yahoo.com>.
If you want to run cocoon, and still get error..

try modify your tomcat.sh or tomcat.bat

add the location of jar before the CP or _CP,

sample
SET
CP=c:\tomcat\lib\xercer.jar;c:\tomcat\lib\xalan.jar;c:\tomcat\lib\cocoon.jar;%CP%

It work well..

Because your cocoon won't work if you try their tips.

even if you add them in the CLASSPATH..still won't
work.

I thought, stefano write, you have to play around with
your xalan, xerces and cocoon????? :) this is the
solution..

Cocoon work well, and I almost finish my company
project using cocoon, and almost never get problem.

Cocoon is easier to install than Jetspeed??? ;(

Frans

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/