Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Yamin <ya...@cmg.com.my> on 2009/05/26 04:49:59 UTC

Classes for only reading excel

Hi all,

Here I got some problems, I only use Apache POI to read the excel file.
The requirement needs me to have fewer classes. FYI, I’m using
the Apache POI with Oracle. The solution I’m searching for is
the classes that contains only for reading excel, the other classes
that’s not related, shouldn’t be included. I’m not sure how
time consuming to come up with that, but I’m sure it’s not that easy
by looking at the source file.

My implementation now is, loading the main Apache POI jar file
(poi-3.2-FINAL-20081019.jar) into Oracle DB. It’s ready then, but
there’s a lot of classes got loaded from the jar file, around 1000 classes.

I would appreciate if someone can come out with the customized classes
to only read excel files.

Thanks in advance.