Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Geoffrey De Smet <ge...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/19 15:00:39 UTC

Multiprojects and remote basedir repository (inconsistent behaviour bug?)

I am having a strange thing break:

This worked:

Parent pom:
     <modules>
         <module>spring-richclient-core</module> <!-- with artifactId
spring-richclient-core -->
     </modules>

     <repositories>
         <repository>
             <id>springRichclientRepository</id>
             <name>Spring rich client repository</name>
             <url>file:${basedir}/maven2repository</url>
             <snapshots>
                 <enabled>true</enabled>
             </snapshots>
         </repository>
     </repositories>

It found my dependencies spring-richclient-core without a problem.

Because the module directories become really long,
I refactored the module part to this:

     <modules>
         <module>core</module> <!-- with artifactId
spring-richclient-core -->
     </modules>

And all of a sudden it starts looking for my dependencies in:
   file:.../core/maven2repository
Instead of
   file:.../maven2repository
Where it doesn't find them and fails my build.

Adding a relative path to the core didn't fix it by the way:

     <parent>
         <groupId>org.springframework.richclient</groupId>
         <artifactId>spring-richclient</artifactId>
         <version>0.1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
         <relativePath>..</relativePath> <!-- Adding this didn't fix -->
     </parent>

--
With kind regards,
Geoffrey De Smet

Re: Multiprojects and remote basedir repository (inconsistent behaviour bug?)

Posted by Geoffrey De Smet <ge...@gmail.com>.
The module refactor had nothing do with it.
In fact
          <repository>
              <id>springRichclientRepository</id>
              <name>Spring rich client repository</name>
              <url>file:${basedir}/maven2repository</url>
              <snapshots>
                  <enabled>true</enabled>
              </snapshots>
          </repository>
doesn't work when inherited as the basedir changes to the submodule.
But deploy:deploy-file seems to install a file in your remote and local
repository, leading me to believe that maven used the remote one.

With kind regards,
Geoffrey De Smet