Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Sriram Nookala <sr...@m-qube.com> on 2004/04/12 22:11:54 UTC

SOAP client timeout

MessageHow can I increase the default timeout value of the Axis client?
thanks,
sriram

RE: SOAP client timeout

Posted by Sriram Nookala <sr...@m-qube.com>.
I came across the following thread which has a workaround for this. Is this
the only way to do when using SAAJ?

Can you please log this as a bug? we should find an easier way to do this.

Thanks,
dims

--- "Laenzlinger, Christof" <ch...@sunrise.net> wrote:
> Hallo Philip,
>
> I had the same problem a few weeks ago. With SAAJ only I could not find
> a way to configure the timeout. I did not find out how to modify the
default
> timeout in axis (still interested in a solution for that).
> Anyway that would not help if I want to modify the timeout individually
for
> each call.
>
> That is the solution I found:
>
> Instead of using the standard JAAS way of sending the message (snippet 1)
> I sent the message by using some Axis specific classes (snippet 2)
>
> --snippet
> 1------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> 	SOAPMessage message = // .... create your request message here
>
> 	SOAPConnectionFactory scFactory =
> SOAPConnectionFactory.newInstance();
> 	con = scFactory.createConnection();
>
> 	URLEndpoint endpoint = new URLEndpoint(getURLEndpoint());
> 	SOAPMessage responseMessage = con.call(message, endpoint);
>
> 	// consume the response message here...
>

> --snippet
> 2------------------------------------------------------------------
> 	SOAPMessage message = // .... create your request message here
>
> 	Call call = new Call(getURLEndpoint());
> 	((org.apache.axis.Message)
> message).setMessageContext(call.getMessageContext());
> 	SOAPEnvelope env =
> ((org.apache.axis.Message)message).getSOAPEnvelope();
> 	Attachments attachments = ((org.apache.axis.Message)
> 		message).getAttachmentsImpl();
> 	if (attachments != null) {
> 		Iterator iterator = attachments.getAttachments().iterator();
> 			while (iterator.hasNext()) {
> 			Object attachment = iterator.next();
> 			call.addAttachmentPart(attachment);
> 		}
> 	}
> 	call.setReturnClass(SOAPMessage.class);
> 	// set the timeout here
> 	call.setTimeout(new Integer(getTimeout()));
> 	call.invoke(env);
>
> 	SOAPMessage responseMessage = call.getResponseMessage();
>
> 	// consume the response message here...

getMessageContext()
> ) ,
> I get null.
>
> I *think* I'm heading in the right direction here -- most of my service
> calls
> are very fast, so whatever the default timeout period is has been fine for
> me
> so far.  But now I'm implementing a call that can take 60 to 90 seconds,
so
> would like to change the timeout only for the SOAPMessage that contains
this
> longer-running service call.
>
> Thanks for any advice you can share on this,
>
> . . . Phil
>

> American Express made the following
>  annotations on 07/10/2003 10:02:39 AM

> **
>
>      "This message and any attachments are solely for the intended
recipient
> and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the
> intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, use, or distribution of the
> information included in this message and any attachments is prohibited.
If

Posted by "sreekantan, vijay" <vi...@yahoo.com>.
Set it on the call object
        _call.setTimeout();