Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by vbm <bm...@gmail.com> on 2020/12/08 17:02:04 UTC

Query on Ignite Visor usage

Hi,

I was going over the ignite confluence page on Ignite 3.0 wishlist.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Apache+Ignite+3.0+Wishlist

I saw the below line in the page:
*"Visorcmd - a node that is always connected to the grid may be a
destabilizing behavior; actionable utilities like control.sh make more
sense"*

Based on the above, I had one query on how much is it recommended to use
visor to debug the ignite cluster ?
Will it cause any overhead when, cache or node command is run from visor ?

Regards,
Vishwas

Re: Query on Ignite Visor usage

Posted by Evgenii Zhuravlev <e....@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I don't think that it's related to the commands that you run from Visor,
it's more about the way Visor connects to the cluster. Internally, it
starts a daemon node, which basically has the same discovery and
communication mechanisms as other nodes. So, other nodes will try to
communicate with this node and it makes sense to place it closer to the
server nodes.

Evgenii