Posted to dev@pivot.apache.org by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/16 16:51:14 UTC

Re: svn commit: r825911 - /incubator/pivot/trunk/demos/www/index.jsp

Hi to all,
this is a preliminary version of the new index page.

Web Start URLs must be absolute, so the html version of this page has
to be removed.

At the moment I've only added (in a standard way, like for Applets)
buttons for the "Kitchen Sink", with a little infos on each button
(using deploy.js isn't possible to add a tooltip to buttons ... very
good Sun).

In attach there is a sample screenshot of the page running from a
local Tomcat, inside the zip.

I've added a style to align all images in the page at the middle (of
the element enclosing them, like the current line of text), otherwise
the result in not so good.
To improve readability I've also added an HR tag between Demos.

Tell me if this is Ok, so in next days I'll finish the work (and
remove the index.html).

Bye,
Sandro

Re: svn commit: r825911 - /incubator/pivot/trunk/demos/www/index.jsp

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
> Have a good weekend...
Thanks, the same to you and all other Pivot Developers ...

Bye

Re: svn commit: r825911 - /incubator/pivot/trunk/demos/www/index.jsp

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.
>> I still think it may make sense to provide two separate launch
>> pages. We
>> can't launch any JNLP files from the project home page without
>> manually
>> modifying them before we deploy, so we may just want to keep the
>> Web Start
>> versions as a WAR-only feature.
> This is needed by the strange behavior of our site, linking jars that
> doesn't work, or other reasons ?

No, it is because incubator.apache.org/pivot doesn't support JSP files.

> Otherwise we could have 2 separate folders for any www root, maybe
> providing a sort of copy needed files when creating the war, but i
> think this could generate confusion ...
>
> Or keeping the site version separated from the war version ...

I think that would be a lot of effort just to support a few JNLP
files. Simply providing a separate WAR-only file for launching the Web
Start versions would be much easier...

> If someone has some idea, this is the right place ... otherwise let's
> update Monday ... bye to all.

Have a good weekend...

Re: svn commit: r825911 - /incubator/pivot/trunk/demos/www/index.jsp

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
> I still think it may make sense to provide two separate launch pages. We
> can't launch any JNLP files from the project home page without manually
> modifying them before we deploy, so we may just want to keep the Web Start
> versions as a WAR-only feature.
This is needed by the strange behavior of our site, linking jars that
doesn't work, or other reasons ?

Otherwise we could have 2 separate folders for any www root, maybe
providing a sort of copy needed files when creating the war, but i
think this could generate confusion ...

Or keeping the site version separated from the war version ...

Ok, so now I try to think at some solution and for the moment i stop
this work, and continue creating jnlp files for other demos (1 jnlp
file per demo, signed or not, the same used in its applet).

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.
You don't need to delete index.jsp (see my previous email). I am
thinking we should just define two top-level pages: one for the web
site that is static HTML, and another for launching JNLP files when
demos.war is deployed to an actual servlet container.

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.