Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org> on 2008/03/27 21:04:20 UTC

EJB integration in latest version of tutorial

With SVN revision r641958 the Store tutorial is now able to use a
Catalog implemented as an EJB 2.1 session bean, deployed to Geronimo 2.1
and represented in the SCA domain as an SCA component with an EJB binding.

That variation of the Store application is not enabled by default, to
try it you need to do the following:

- In store-merger.composite, uncomment the vegetablesCatalog reference
that points to the MediatedVegetablesCatalog service component (and
comment the existing one that points to the VegetablesCatalogWebService)

- Deploy the catalog-ejb EJB JAR to Geronimo 2.1 and start it.

- From the domain manager Web page, start the CatalogMediationNode node.
That node runs a simple Java SCA component that mediates between the
Catalog service interface used in the Store application and the
CatalogEJBRemote EJB remote interface of the EJB session bean (which
flows a different kind of data bean, implementing java.io.Serializable
to keep the EJB happy).

I think it's nice to see the end to end scenario work now, finally :) as
folks had worked on that EJB integration and Catalog EJB before but we
had not had a chance to get it really integrated with the rest of the
Store app.

Hope this helps.
--
Jean-Sebastien

Re: EJB integration in latest version of tutorial

Posted by haleh mahbod <hm...@gmail.com>.
good blog material as well.

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
Should we have a page in our website describing how to use the
tutorial ? Probably something similar to what we have for the "Getting
Started with Tuscany" [1].

[1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANY/Getting+Started+with+Tuscany

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 1:04 PM, Jean-Sebastien Delfino
<js...@apache.org> wrote:
> With SVN revision r641958 the Store tutorial is now able to use a
>  Catalog implemented as an EJB 2.1 session bean, deployed to Geronimo 2.1
>  and represented in the SCA domain as an SCA component with an EJB binding.
>
>  That variation of the Store application is not enabled by default, to
>  try it you need to do the following:
>
>  - In store-merger.composite, uncomment the vegetablesCatalog reference
>  that points to the MediatedVegetablesCatalog service component (and
>  comment the existing one that points to the VegetablesCatalogWebService)
>
>  - Deploy the catalog-ejb EJB JAR to Geronimo 2.1 and start it.
>
>  - From the domain manager Web page, start the CatalogMediationNode node.
>  That node runs a simple Java SCA component that mediates between the
>  Catalog service interface used in the Store application and the
>  CatalogEJBRemote EJB remote interface of the EJB session bean (which
>  flows a different kind of data bean, implementing java.io.Serializable
>  to keep the EJB happy).
>
>  I think it's nice to see the end to end scenario work now, finally :) as
>  folks had worked on that EJB integration and Catalog EJB before but we
>  had not had a chance to get it really integrated with the rest of the
>  Store app.
>
>  Hope this helps.
>  --
>  Jean-Sebastien