Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Bilgin Ibryam <bi...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/01 11:52:59 UTC

Re: Ecommerce Error Page Bug?

Hi Sam,

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 7:21 AM, Sam Hamilton <sa...@sh81.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I would like a second opinion on what I think is a bug but not 100% sure.

I think it is a bug or actually a not yet implemented feature :)

> If you are using the ecommerce app and you force it to generate a 404 error
> page it defaults to the tomcat error page rather than using what I think it
> should be using - /error/error.jsp?
> You can test the 404 error out here
> - http://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/ecommerce/error/ and what I think is
> the expected error page code is

looking at the url , it doesn't contain /control/ and it is not
handled by any request handler.
If you need to return custom error page you have to do it tomcat way, by adding

 <error-page>
    <error-code>404</error-code>
    <location>/error/error.jsp</location>
  </error-page>

to web.xml

Cheers,
Bilgin

Re: Ecommerce Error Page Bug?

Posted by Sam Hamilton <sa...@sh81.com>.
Many thanks Bilgin - this now leads me to believe that there is a bug in the error handling code as the code you suggested also does not wok.
I have now opened https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-4390

Thanks
Sam