Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Brahma Reddy Battula <br...@apache.org> on 2022/06/03 01:18:22 UTC

Any incubation proposal template for projects which leaving the attic.

Hi All,

I have gone through the process to leave the attic[1].
Once after I fork the code,For incubation proposal any specific template
and guidelines needs to be followed..?

Any pointers will be appreciated.

1. https://attic.apache.org/
--

--Brahma Reddy Battula

Re: Any incubation proposal template for projects which leaving the attic.

Posted by Brahma Reddy Battula <br...@apache.org>.
THanks Dave Fisher!!

Will check the attic mailing list.

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@comcast.net>.

Posted by Brahma Reddy Battula <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Brahma Reddy Battula <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Suhas <vg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
On Sat, Jun 4, 2022 at 06:23 Brahma Reddy Battula <br...@apache.org> wrote:

> Thanks Justin,it’s good hearing from you that incubation might not require.
>
> I will give the list of people involved on this on next mail..
>
> Are you looking any specific format??

The champion should be helping you with this part.

Posted by Brahma Reddy Battula <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
HI,

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@comcast.net>.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jun 3, 2022, at 8:45 PM, Brahma Reddy Battula <br...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> There are companies and people want to bring back Ambari..

Who are the individual people? Were any contributors, committers, and/or PMC members of Ambari.

> And we got the
> champion and mentors..

Generally mentors are ASF members which is good.

> We can share during the proposal.
>
> Is there any special template?

The Attic PMC has to agree to whatever process is followed and incubation is one of four options.

IMO the discussion going on general@attic.Apache.org should continue with you providing your list of individuals. I’ll follow up in that thread.

Regards,
Dave

Posted by Brahma Reddy Battula <br...@apache.org>.
There are companies and people want to bring back Ambari.. And we got the
champion and mentors..We can share during the proposal.

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>.

See https://whimsy.apache.org/board/minutes/Ambari.html#2021-05-19 <https://whimsy.apache.org/board/minutes/Ambari.html#2021-05-19>

Posted by Brahma Reddy Battula <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@comcast.net>.