Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Sumit Shah <ss...@gce2000.com> on 2006/11/22 17:42:41 UTC

[users@httpd] Configuring module order in Apache

Hello,

How do I configure the module order inside Apache. I have a mod_perl
module and also a mod_jserv module. I want the mod_prl module to run
before mod_jserv.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Sumit

Re: [users@httpd] Configuring module order in Apache

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On 11/22/06, Sumit Shah <ss...@gce2000.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> How do I configure the module order inside Apache. I have a mod_perl
> module and also a mod_jserv module. I want the mod_prl module to run
> before mod_jserv.

In 2.x, the module order is set in the source code of the modules.  In
1.3, the module order can be adjusted by adjusting the LoadModule
directives or the order of compilation in src/Configuration(.tmpl).

But judging from your earlier question, this isn't going to help you.
1.3 is not capable of filtering the output of one handler through
another.  Version 2 is capable of this if the relevant module supports
it.

Of course, your other problem is that mod_jserv is completely
obsolete.  Head over to the Tomcat site to get more information on
modern ways to connect Apache httpd with servlets:
http://tomcat.apache.org/

And your final problem is that I very much doubt that any java servlet
engine is going to be able to run as a filter on output from mod_perl.
 My guess is that these engines all expect to work off disk files.
But I'm not a java servlet expert.

Joshua.