Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Hu Xi <hu...@hotmail.com> on 2017/09/07 03:42:41 UTC

A quick question on StickyAssignor

Hello Dev,
I am a little confused about the statement below in KIP-54 (StickyAssignor things):

  *   if a consumer A has 2+ fewer topic partitions assigned to it compared to another consumer B, none of the topic partitions assigned to B can be assigned to A.

Is it a typo or do I misunderstand anything? Why partitions assigned to B cannot be reassigned to A in such a situation when A has fewer partitions than B? What're the thoughts under this design? Thanks.

答复: A quick question on StickyAssignor

Posted by Hu Xi <hu...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks Hashemian. It's clear to me now 😊

Re: A quick question on StickyAssignor