Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com> on 2003/09/10 14:33:48 UTC

Deprecated Classes to be removed

Okay,
I started looking at classes that can be removed, and it seems like a couple
entire tree's of classes can be removed.

Both org.apache.turbine.services.jsp.util.JspLink and
org.apache.turbine.util.DynamicURI both extend down from
org.apache.turbine.util.uri.URI.  However, while both are deprecated, the
interface URI isn't.  However, it seems like it should be marked as
deprecated for removal in 2.4?  Henning, I believe your stuff replaced this,
so I leave it up to you.

Another one is org.apache.turbine.services.intake.model.NumberKeyField uses
the deprecated NumberKeyValidator, but itself isn't marked deprecated..  Can
we delete both since one is reliant on the other?

Eric

Re: Deprecated Classes to be removed

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
"Eric Pugh" <ep...@upstate.com> writes:

>Okay,
>I started looking at classes that can be removed, and it seems like a couple
>entire tree's of classes can be removed.

>Both org.apache.turbine.services.jsp.util.JspLink and
>org.apache.turbine.util.DynamicURI both extend down from
>org.apache.turbine.util.uri.URI.  However, while both are deprecated, the

Nah, they don't. They implement URI.

>interface URI isn't.  However, it seems like it should be marked as
>deprecated for removal in 2.4?  Henning, I believe your stuff replaced this,
>so I leave it up to you.

URI is a "glue" interface to tie the old and new URI code
together. Once the old code is gone, it could go, too.

>Another one is org.apache.turbine.services.intake.model.NumberKeyField uses
>the deprecated NumberKeyValidator, but itself isn't marked deprecated..  Can
>we delete both since one is reliant on the other?

NumberKey has vanished from Torque, so it can go here, too. IMHO.

	Regards
		Henning

"Dominate!! Dominate!! Eat your young and aggregate! I have grotty silicon!"
      -- AOL CD when played backwards  (User Friendly - 200-10-15)