Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Garth Armorer <ki...@gmail.com> on 2005/06/01 04:11:13 UTC

[users@httpd] Help!! Can't get vhosts working properly

Hi All,
A newbie is in the house.
I just installed v2.0.54, but I still cannot get what I expect to happen, to
happen.
My system name is testname, domain name is
www.testname.com<http://www.testname.com>and another one is
street.testname.com <http://street.testname.com>. I have an alias mystreet
"c:/mystuff/morestuff/bigstuff". If I access
www.testname.com/mystreet <http://www.testname.com/mystreet> in the browser,
I get the right data I'm expecting, if I access
street.testname.com <http://street.testname.com> which should go to the same
folder it doesn't work. I'm using vhosts
for different types of access. I'm frustrated as it's not working as I
expect it to. I don't know
what to do. I hope I defined the problem correctly.
Thanks for your help,
Garth
--
"Tomorrow is assumed by all of us,
But promised to none of us"

Re: [users@httpd] Help!! Can't get vhosts working properly

Posted by Eimantas Vaičiūnas <ei...@sc.vu.lt>.
Hello Garth,

You want to say, that you should get the same data from
http://www.testname.com/mystreet in http://street.testname.com? If so then
you should check where you defined Alias and check the DocumentRoot in the
second virtual host. You DO realise if you're using name-based virtual
hosting you must define default host as first virtual hostin configuration
file.

--
Su pagarba,
Eimantas Vaičiūnas