Posted to user@struts.apache.org by pvongboupha <pv...@hotmail.com> on 2007/08/13 22:30:24 UTC

override conversion error for nested properties in struts 2

I'm having trouble overriding conversion errors for nested properties in
struts 2. I've read the webworks documentation about overriding conversion
errors for nested properties and it suggests to add the following to your
resource bundle:
  invalid.fieldvalue.items[*].name=Some type conversion message here

After doing this, it's still not working and I continue to get the default
message. Am I missing a step?

One thing to note is that I'm not using the index value. Instead, I'm using
the object's unique id. We're using BlahAction-conversion.properties to bind
the values. Perhaps the example only works with indexes?

Could someone please tell me what I'm missing?
Thanks
-PV